The Franklin Regional Retirement System is a government agency that serves: 487 retirees, 42 beneficiaries, 946 active employees, and 561 inactive members with funds on deposit; of the towns and agencies in Franklin County, Massachusetts. We are organized under Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 34b, and subject to the provisions of Chapter 32 of the Massachusetts General Laws. We are guided by the State oversight commission known as PERAC (Public Employees Retirement Administration Commission).
In regards to Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) code, we are defined as a State or political subdivision retirement plan under chapter 401(a), which can be further qualified under 414(h)(2) – ” . . . contributions not included in gross income reported for federal income tax purposes . . . “. e.g. pre-tax contributions.
Our five-member board of directors are:
- Sandra A. Hanks, Chair/Treasurer Appointed (1st Member), Retired Treasurer/Collector Buckland, term ends December 31, 2020
- Angelina J. Bragdon, Advisory Council Appointee (2nd Member), Treasurer Mohawk, and Shelburne, term ends December 31, 2021
- Mary A. Stokarski, Elected (3rd Member), Retired Treasurer/Collector/Town Clerk Deerfield, term ends December 31, 2020
- Gabriele H. Voelker, Elected (4th Member), Finance Director for the Town of Orange, Treasurer for the towns of New Salem, Shutesbury, and the Ralph C. Mahar Regional School District, term ends December 31, 2019
- Paul J. Mokrzecki, Appointed (5th Member), Senior Vice President Government Bank Easthampton Savings Bank, term ends June 30, 2020
For more information about being a member of the Board, please click this link to see our page devoted to the subject: Board Members
We are also guided by an Advisory Council made up of the official “Treasurers” of each member unit. Click here for more info: Council