- Agenda for the Thursday, May 13, 2021 Special Board Meeting has been uploaded.
- March 2021 Regular Board Meeting Minutes Uploaded
- March 2021 Special Board Meeting Minutes Uploaded
- Agenda for the Wednesday, April 28, 2021 regular Board meeting has been uploaded.
- Bills HD.1794 and SD.1696 (192nd General Court – Massachusetts Legislature)
Optional deductions after age 70
For service rendered after age 70, retirement deductions become optional. If you choose to continue having deductions taken (once made, this choice is irrevocable), regular compensation earned during this period may be used in the calculation of your retirement allowance calculation and you will be given credit for whatever additional service you render. If you elect to discontinue retirement deductions, any regular compensation earned during this period cannot be used to calculate your retirement allowance and no additional creditable service will accrue. A few months prior to your 70th birthday, the Retirement System will send you a letter asking you to complete a form, “Application by Member Requesting to Continue Contributions Beyond Age 70 Pursuant to G.L. c. 32, § 90(G) (3/4)”, and return it to the Franklin Regional Retirement System. A copy of the form is available by clicking on the link below. If you would like to schedule an appointment with us to review your status in the retirement system and/or discuss your options, please feel free to call us at (413) 774-4837. Please click these links for forms and more information: Application by Member Requesting to Continue Contributions Beyond Age 70 MGL 32 § 90(G) (3/4) – Optional deductions after age 70